Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chemo II

Sorry for lack of postings here. I guess the goods news is that I've been busy trying to get on with it, rather than spending time just talking/writing about it.




Chemo II was uneventful except that my beloved brother Paul Fulton came down from Boston to join me for the day in Philadelphia. We left early morning (me driving like a demon thanks to steroid-load the night before), spent a peaceful day watching me get marinated, and then home by dinner (Paul driving this time.)








Guess Who


We also had a welcome visit from my friend and colleague Eve who brought love and news from Vox Medica.

As expected, I had a few difficult days (we postponed Fathers Day until this weekend), somewhat more intense than last time, but nothing unmanageable. Once again (knock on wood) no nausea which makes a huge difference in one's ability to tolerate this stuff As I've said before for various reasons, God Bless pharmaceuticals. Happily, the chemo is working. My CA125 number is way down (a good thing) after only one treatment so we're very excited. Now that I'm starting to get this chemo thing down, I 'm more able to anticipate my physical responses, timing, and recovery rates. Which means there's no need to wait around. Life doesn't resume only after I've completed 6 treatment cycles, it begins everyday all over again. I'm ready (make that need) to be out there, engaged, and productive NOW. Maybe a few more naps here and there,but recovery is a process and I'm in it. So I'm ready and eager for dinner with friends, the stimulation of work, weekends away and the resoration of normalcy. Stay tuned. I love you all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! All is not lost! You still have eyebrows! Lots of love...Cousin Anne

Lois Farina said...

Lunch was such fun yesterday ~ just like always...'catching up' on BC people and activities...it's like a soap opera in a way ~ the same ol'same ol ~ right? doesn't really change much over the years, and good that we have all these memories to laugh over ~ the commonalities.

lots has changed ~ our 'kids' have grown and are all over the place. my address is surely written in pencil by family and friends, as i tend to move frequently. what hasn't changed is us ~ our enjoyment of one another's company and the comfortability we still share, no matter the time between visits, or the style of our hair (! ~hah!) or size of our clothes...those things are in continual flux and it's fun to observe.

til next time 'under the numbers' ~ take care, stay in touch...and LOVE the ice cream!!
xx
Lois

Barbie said...

Finally I can leave a comment (but only by using Hal's computer)! You look beautiful and brave! I know we'll soon see each other and share what we've been up to for the last forty years or so! I send you love and hugs,
Barbie