Thursday, June 28, 2007

Musings

I continue to be amazed (and a little scared) at how good I feel. With the exception of a few days following a chemo treatment, I'm really feeling more or less like my old self. Stamina isn't quite the same--I get tired more quickly and relish a quick mid-afternoon nap--but I'm in good spirits and eager to resume normal life. I sometimes worry that this isn't the norm, that I should be "sicker" from the chemo and most importantly, that maybe I'm not getting enough drugs in my system. But the numbers are going down (a good thing), and my hair is gone (a good thing, I guess) so something must be working. I'm in a dosing and tolerability clinical trial which could account for my tolerance. I only hope that the good outcome will be long term as well as immediate.

No comments: