Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday from Peggy

Dearest Friends and Family:

First the REALLY good news: my sister (younger) Jane (who's responsible for setting up this blog, the TeamPeggy campaign, and countless other kindnesses, became a GRANDMOTHER yesterday! Her daugher Katie gave birth to Violet (our grandmother's name) in Santa Cruz CA. Jane arrived during the final hour of pushing and was there to witness this miracle. Violet is the first of her generation and we're all thrilled.

Back in NJ, we spent another peaceful weekend with family. The launch of my chemo treatment was postponed from Friday to Wednesday, which meant I was able to steal another few "transitional" days --between surgery and chemo--where I was feeling good and grateful to hang out and enjoy the company of others. George came in from LA for a couple of Pingry reunion events including induction into the Hall of Fame for the 1996 Soccer Team. Happily we were able to attend the induction ceremony and see some of his old friends and their parents.

I'm eager to begin chemo and get on with it. By all reports, it's going to be awful, I know that. But the sooner I get started, the sooner I can get through. Somehow, I feel like I should be training for the experience--meditation, mind/body, attitude. Sort of like Lamaze, but unfortunately I've been too lazy to read all those books and listen to all those tapes, so I'm going to have to wing it. I'm told there will be good days too so stay tuned.

Thanks to all for your continued good thoughts, cards, meals, flowers, visits, words of encouragement. You'll hear from me personally, but until then, please know how much I appreciate your love and support. I love you all.

Peggy

No comments: