Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Update

Dear Family and Friends:

Well, I've come through the first chemo treatment and after effects. Yes I had a few difficult days, but bottom line-- I CAN DO THIS!! Thanks to the miracle of modern medicine, fantastic anti-nausea drugs, the encouragement of those around me, delicious meals delivered to the door, faith that I can help heal myself, I now know with great clarity that I'm going to be fine. I'm feeling better and stronger each day and I'm thoroughly enjoying my current state of well-being as I prepare for the next treatment on June 13th. Thank you all for your love and positive thoughts. Love, Peggy

5 comments:

Jane Fulton Alt said...

Peggy,
You are truly remarkable!
No wonder everyone loves you.

Leigh said...

Dearest Friend,

I am so proud of you...step..by step...you are making you way in your usual wonderful Peggy way...sending you tons of healing light

Lois Farina said...

Peg ~ You've been on my mind since we spoke on the 24th ~ the day after the first chemo treatment. You had not yet had any effects and didn't know what they'd be or how you'd handle them.

Well, true to form you've been thru it and come out ok ~ your usual positive attitude firmly intact. I know you'll continue to be strong and to thrive.

I want to come visit ~ just give me the word and I'll be there. I'd like to pick up my 'Peggy' bracelet in person!

xx
Lois

Joanne said...

Hi Peggy,
I'm so glad to hear you've come through round 1 so positively. Of course, I'm not surprised. Let us northern Jerseyans (I guess that's just me) know when you're ready for a visit.

With lots of love,
Joanne

Unknown said...

A bit late in reading the latest. Way to go; what an attitude! I am up at the Lake/VT with Emily and boyfriend and then on to Burlington to check out Benjy's new restaurant and the work being done on Ted and Jonathan's house. I will be home Thursday and available anytime until June 25 to visit or meet somewhere, anywhere for dinner with Rich and Steve. Lots of love, Anne