Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Hair Today. . .

Hi All:

Despite my secret believe that I'd be the first person NOT to lose her hair from Taxol (yes, I'm still in denial), it's happening right on time--exactly two weeks after my first treatment. I thought I was prepared for this--no big deal, matter-of-fact, stocked with wigs, scarves and turbans-- I had a meltdown in the shower yesterday as my beloved locks turned up on my hands. Very traumatic and the hair continues to shed at a rapid pace. Edwin Peterson, my dear friend and hair guru, has promised to come over tonight or Friday to buzz my head and get it over with. Hoping to share the event with some good friends, wine and cheese.

Good news is that I was feeling well enough yesterday to venture down to Philadelphia and resurface at Vox Medica. What a wonderful reception--it was like coming home to another family. Thanks to all, especially Eve, who made me feel loved and welcome. The discussions, meetings, and clien/account issues felt like a return to normalcy. As you can imagine, I came home exhausted but in a good way. I'm eager to engage more fully, reassess my capacity, and return to work in a meaningful but manageable way.

More soon.

Love, Peggy

Cathy said...
OK, so now there's no more surprises now that your hair vanished. So you'll hunker down into a routine and before you know it you'll be on the other side of it....with all of us cheering!!! YOU CAN DO IT. Loads of love--Cathy & the gang

1 comment:

Cathy said...

OK, so now there's no more surprises now that your hair vanished. So you'll hunker down into a routine and before you know it you'll be on the other side of it....with all of us cheering!!! YOU CAN DO IT. Loads of love--Cathy & the gang